GEMPro Home Sleep Assessment
Provided by Albemarle Dental Associates
We provide the GEMPro home sleep survey to assist you in getting better sleep. Quality sleep, or lack of it, affects the heart, cognitive ability, immune response to diseases, mental development and psychological well-being. Our goal is to help you prevent grinding and clenching of your teeth, as well as ensuring you control any snoring or breathing problems while you sleep. Together we can improve your quality of life.
The GEMPro was designed from the ground up to assist the dentist in managing patients with complaints of snoring and show signs of damaged teeth as a result of clenching and grinding during sleep. A nominal fee of $25 is charged to cover supplies.
The At-Home Sleep Assessment Measures:
- Bruxism: Measures the type, frequency, strength, and total master energy expenditure.
- Audio: Records snoring and tooth sounds from clenching and grinding.
- Heart Rate: Documents changes in heart rate during sleep including Brady and Tachycardia.
- Oxygen Desaturation: Proprietary oxygen analysis provides essential information about breathing while asleep.
- Body Position: Provides information on the impact of body position on the quality of sleep.